- Spring Sprint Triathlon
- San Diego International Triathlon
- Solana Beach Triathlon
- CVC San Diego Half Iron Triathlon
- Rock The Bay Triathlon
- Mission Bay Triathlon
Join us at the birthplace of the sport for the XTERRA Wetsuits Mission Bay Triathlon! In 1974, the first Mission Bay Triathlon was as a run-bike-swim-run event on Fiesta Island by the San Diego Track Club. This is an ON Road Triathlon.
Last year, 1600 competitors from around the country came to Mission Bay to celebrate the triathlon.Race Features
- International Distance - Limited to 200 participants.
- Mini Sprint and Itsy Bitsy Kids Events!
- Earn San Diego Triathlon Series points for all individual distances! (Kids and Aquabike included)
- Chip Timing (5 splits)
- "Official Drink" Sponsor - Nuun Hydration
- Technical T-Shirt
- Goodie Bag
- Continental Breakfast
- Sierra Nevada Beer Garden
- LIVE Band
- $10 off a $30 Purchase at Road Runner Sports at pre-race expo
- On-Line Results
- Awesome Finisher Medal
- Awards 3 Deep for Triathlon
- Course Info Presentations
- Points for San Diego Triathlon Series for all distances!!
- Race Photos Available On-Line
- SWIM BUDDIES - For new Triathletes that need extra encouragement.
Benefitting Challenged Athletes Foundation: Operation Rebound
International Triathlon (13 yrs & older): 1000m swim - 38k bike - 9k run
International Triathlon Distance limited to 200 participants! International swim will be the first 2 waves only.
Note: There is also a relay category for the Sprint Triathlon distance only (no SDTS points awarded)
Sprint Triathlon (13 yrs & older): 500m swim - 19k bike - 5k run
Sprint Duathlon (13 yrs & older): 1 mile run - 19k bike - 5k run
Sprint Aquabike (13 yrs & older): 500m swim - 19k bike (Your finish time is at the transition area after completing the bike portion, then head over to the finish line to return your timing chip and join the party!)
Mini Sprint Triathlon (11 yrs & older): 200m swim - 4 mile bike - 1.5 mile run
Itsy Bitsy Triathlon (7-10 yrs old): 100m swim - 2 mile bike - .75 mile run **
**Please note: Beginning in 2019 ALL first time youth triathletes with a racing age of 7-10 will be required to complete a Swim Certification in order to compete in the event. You may download the form here.
All distances award points for the San Diego Triathlon Series!
Kids PRERACE Clinic - Sunday, September (coming soon), 8:00a - 10:00a, Ventura Cove, Mission Bay
Pre-Race Check In & Packet Pick Ups (Must attend one)
Date: Friday, September 27th
Road Runner Sports - 5553 Copley Drive, San Diego, CA 92111
Times Open: 3pm-6pm
Date: Saturday, September 28th
Location: Bonita Cove Park in Mission Bay
Times Open: 10am-3pm
Saturday Only - Course Talk Times We recommend you attend the course talk so you will be completely informed of all details. The Course does have chages this year.
11:00 am - Course Talk with Steve Tally
1:00 pm - Course Talk with Steve Tally
2:00 pm - Kids Course Talk with Coach Judi Carbary
Pre-Race Check in Policies:
- All athletes must attend ONE pre-race check-in to pick up their race materials (FRI or SAT). All relay members must be present to receive the packet, or we will split up the relay packet for each participant.
- It is mandatory for all athletes to bring their ID to the pre-race check in. We will not give any athlete their bib number without an ID.
- You must sign waiver(s) to get race materials.
- You will also be required to show proof of USAT annual membership or purchase a one day membership (if you haven't already purchased a one day with us through registration).
- Friends and family members will NOT be allowed to pick up for an athlete. Sorry NO EXCEPTIONS. These events are USAT sanctioned and USAT doesn't allow anyone besides the participant to pick up race materials.
- Athletes who don't attend FRI OR SAT (and have not selected the VIP Option) will be required to pay a $10 late fee on race morning in order to pick up race materials.
VIP Option For a fee of $30 - your race numbers, swim cap, timing chip, and t-shirt will be ready for your pick-up on race morning. Pre-race check in is not mandatory, you will check-in on race morning at the VIP check-in table. Pick-up is from 5:45 am-6:45 am. You will then continue on to the transition zone to be body marked. Please plan your time accordingly. VIP athletes have reserved bike racks with their names in the transition area. Entries must be received by Sep 22nd. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Triathlon & Duathlon
Age Divisions (M/F):
Special Divisions for Triathlon Only:
Relay Teams: 2 or 3 person teams
for Sprint Triathlon only
Race Day Timeline:
Sunday, September 29, 2019
5:00 am: Parking Lot Opens
5:30 am: Transition area opens / Late Check-In/Packet pick up Starts / Body Marking Begins
6:25 am: Final Instructions at Swim Start / Packet pick up and late registration closed
6:35 am: Transition Area Closed - all participants must exit transition
6:40 am: Race Starts
9:30 am: Transition Open to remove bikes and other equipment
10:15 am: Awards presentations (approximate times)
11:00 am: Transition area closes - all bikes and equipment must be removed
2019 Wave Schedule (coming soon)
Wetsuits- Purchase a wetsuit from our official wetsuit sponsor, XTERRA WETSUITS! Special San Diego Triathlon Series discount! Wetsuits 60% off! Check them out HERE! Use code: R-KOZ at Checkout.
Bikes & Bike Rentals
Bike rentals are available from our bike shop sponsor Pulse Endurance Sports at two locations!
7638 Clairemont Mesa Blvd
San Diego, Ca 92111
1020 - A2 Tierra Del Rey
Chula Vista, CA 91910
Partial Proceeds benefit the Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF). CAF raises funds for disabled individuals to purchase special adaptive sports equipment, training and travel to sporting.
Disclaimer & Refund Policy
The race course and timeline can be changed at the discretion of the race organization. All distances are approximate by GPS measurements.The race can be altered, postponed or cancelled with no refunds due to weather, natural disturbances, police activity, acts of terrorism and threats of terrorism.
Due to the number of race transfer requests and cancellations that occur in the weeks prior to a race we have the following policy that is in accordance with USAT Policy. Refunds will NOT be issued after a registration has taken place. Considerable effort goes into producing an event and funds are expended and applied in good faith based on a registration. If you would like to change your registration from one distance to another, you will be charged for the difference in price at the time of the change.