- Spring Sprint Triathlon
- San Diego International Triathlon (SDIT)
- Solana Beach Triathlon
- CVC San Diego Half Iron Triathlon
- Rock The Bay Triathlon
- Mission Bay Triathlon
The Solana Beach Triathlon, Duathlon & Aquabike invites you to an epic day living the active lifestyle!
This fantastic event is made even more special by its idyllic location…Fletcher Cove at Solana Beach. Iconic Southern California at its best. The surf-entry ocean swim is supported by lifeguards and swim buddies. The bike and run courses cruise down the world famous Pacific Coast Highway. Finally, a tunnel of high-fives awaits you at the finish line - a gauntlet of excitement. This is a sprint triathlon/duathlon/aquabike that will be remembered forever.Click for Important Race Day Information
- THIS IS A USAT SANCTIONED EVENT!
- Earn San Diego Triathlon Series points for all individual distances and events!
- Upgraded Beer Lounge with snacks!
- Upgraded Expo, Food, and FinishLine!
- Chip Timing (5 splits)
- "Official Drink" Sponsor - Nuun Hydration
- Commemorative Tech T-Shirt
- Continental Breakfast
- Beer Garden
- $10 off a $30 purchase at Road Runner Sports at pre-race expo!
- On-Line Results
- Finisher Medal
- Awards top 3 in each division
- Points for San Diego Triathlon Series
- Race Photos Available On-Line
Benefiting Challenged Athletes Foundation: Operation Rebound
Sprint Triathlon (14yrs & older): 1/4 mile swim - 9 mile bike - 3 mile run
Note: There is also a relay category for the Sprint Triathlon distance only (no SDTS points awarded)
Sprint Duathlon (13yrs & older): 1 mile run - 9 mile bike - 3 mile run
Sprint Aquabike (14yrs & older): 1/4 mile swim - 9 mile bike (Your finish time is at the transition area after completing the bike portion, then head over to the finish line to return your timing chip and join the party!)
The age minimum for events that include swim portions is 14 years old because this is an ocean swim!
All distances award points for the San Diego Triathlon Series!
Pre-Race Check In & Packet Pick Ups (Must attend one)
Date: Friday July 28th, 2017
Road Runner Sports - 5553 Copley Drive, San Diego, CA 92111
Times Open: 3pm-6pm
Date: Saturday July 29th, 2017
Location: Corner of Plaza St. and Acacia St. in Solana Beach
Times Open: 10am-3pm
Saturday Only - Course Talk Times We recommend you attend the course talk so you will be completely informed of all details.
11:30 am - Course Talk with Steve Tally and Head USAT Official
1:00 pm - Course Talk with Steve Tally and Head USAT Official
Pre-Race Check in Policies:
- All athletes must attend ONE pre-race check-in to pick up their race materials (FRI or SAT). All relay members must be present to receive the packet, or we will split up the relay packet for each participant.
- It is mandatory for all athletes to bring their ID to the pre-race check in. We will not give any athlete their bib number without an ID.
- You must sign waiver(s) to get race materials.
- You will also be required to show proof of USAT annual membership or purchase a one day membership (if you haven't already purchased a one day with us through registration).
- Friends and family members will NOT be allowed to pick up for an athlete. These events are USAT sanctioned and USAT doesn't allow anyone besides the participant to pick up race materials. The only exception is if you are the parent/guardian of a minor (under 18 as of Dec. 31 this year) that is participating. You will still need to bring a copy of the minor's ID and sign waivers for them.
- Athletes who don't attend FRI OR SAT (and have not selected the VIP Option) will be required to pay a $10 (cash only) late fee on race morning in order to pick up race materials.
Sunday, July 30th, 2017 - Race Day
5:00 am - Parking Lot Opens
5:45 am - Transition area opens / Late Check-In Starts / Body Marking Begins
6:40 am - Final Instructions at Swim Start - Transition Area Closed/ Late packet pick up closed! (VIP only after this time)
6:50 am - Duathlon Starts
7:00 am - Swim Starts - WAVE TIMES
9:45 am - Awards presentations (approximate times)
10:45 am - Transition area closes/ ALL BIKES MUST BE REMOVED
2017 WAVE TIMES - Click here to see your wave, start time, and cap color
For a fee of $30 - your race numbers, swim cap, timing chip, and t-shirt will be ready for your pick-up on race morning. Pre-race check in is not mandatory, you will check-in on race morning at the VIP check-in table. Pick-up is from 5:45 am-6:45 am. You will then continue on to the transition zone to be body marked. Please plan your time accordingly. VIP athletes have reserved bike racks with their names in the transition area. Entries must be received by July 17th. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Triathlon & Duathlon
Age Divisions (M/F):
Special Divisions for Sprint Triathlon Only:
Relay Teams: 2 or 3 person teams
for Sprint Triathlon only
Wetsuits- Purchase a wetsuit from our official wetsuit sponsor, XTERRA WETSUITS! Special San Diego Triathlon Series discount! Wetsuits 60% off! Check them out HERE! Use code: R-KOZ at Checkout.
Bikes & Bike Rentals
Bike rentals are available from our bike shop sponsor Pulse Endurance Sports at two locations!
7638 Clairemont Mesa Blvd
San Diego, Ca 92111
1020 - A2 Tierra Del Rey
Chula Vista, CA 91910
Disclaimer & Refund Policy
The race course and timeline can be changed at the discretion of the race organization. All distances are approximate by GPS measurements.The race can be altered, postponed or cancelled with no refunds due to weather, natural disturbances, police activity, acts of terrorism and threats of terrorism.
Due to the number of race transfer requests and cancellations that occur in the weeks prior to a race we have the following policy that is in accordance with USAT Policy. Refunds will NOT be issued after a registration has taken place. Considerable effort goes into producing an event and funds are expended and applied in good faith based on a registration. If you would like to change your registration from one distance to another, you will be charged for the difference in price at the time of the change.