- Spring Sprint Triathlon
- San Diego International Triathlon
- Solana Beach Triathlon
- Chula Vista Challenge
- Rock The Bay Triathlon
- Mission Bay Triathlon
- Esprit de She Triathlon
- Coronado Valentine's Day 10K
- Silver Strand Half Marathon
- Race for Autism
- Father Joe's Villages Thanksgiving Day 5K
- Eisenhower Medical Center Reindeer Run 5K
- Holiday Bowl (Bumble Bee) 5K
- Encinitas Half Marathon
- 4.01K Race for Financial Fitness
This is a USAT Sanctioned Triathlon and Aquabike!
On behalf of Father Joe’s Villages, we are excited to welcome you to the 35th annual San Diego International Triathlon. This race is one of the longest standing triathlons in the country and a San Diego favorite. There are two courses to choose from an International course and a Sprint course, whichever you choose you’re guaranteed a great race.
Both races take place at the Spanish landing Park located on Harbor Drive across from the San Diego International Airport. This event is competitive and scenic; fun for you, your family and your friends. We look forward to providing you a safe and challenging event. Register now; this race will sell out at least one month prior to race weekend.
Fantastic San Diego Bay Swim, National Monument Ride, and Waterfront Run. All proceeds go to Father Joe's Villages. Up to $5000 International Pro/Elite Prize Purse! (Must have USAT Elite card to be eligible to race Pro/Elite division)
- This is a USAT Sanctioned Triathlon & Aquabike
- Aquabike points awarded for the San Diego Triathlon Series
- Chip Timing (5 splits)
- Tech T-Shirt
- Continental Breakfast
- New and improved Beer Garden
- Live Band
- On-Line Results
- Finisher Medals
- Awards 3 Deep for International & Sprint Distance
- Points for San Diego Triathlon Series (All individual distances!)
- Race Photos Available On-Line
Sprint Triathlon (13 yrs & older): 1/2K Swim - 20K Bike - 6K Run
International Triathlon (13 yrs & older): 1K Swim - 30K Bike -10K Run
International RELAY Triathlon (13 yrs & older): 1K Swim - 30K Bike - 10K Run (Teams of 2 or 3 people)
International Aquabike (13 yrs & older): 1K Swim - 30K Bike (Your finish time is at the transition area after completing the bike portion, then head over to the finish line to return your timing chip and join the party!)
Pre-Race Check In & Packet Pick Ups (Must attend one)
Date: Friday, June 23rd, 2017
Road Runner Sports - 5553 Copley Drive, San Diego, CA 92111
Times Open: 3pm-6pm
Date: Saturday, June 24th, 2017
Location: Spanish Landing Park East - 3900 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101
Times Open: 10am-3pm
Saturday Only - Course Talk Times We recommend you attend the course talk so you will be completely informed of all details.
11:30 am - Course Talk with Steve Tally
1:00 pm - Course Talk with Steve Tally
Saturday Only - Overnight Bike Racking available from 10:30am-3pm at Spanish Landing Park West (transition area)
Pre-Race Check in Policies:
- All athletes must attend ONE pre-race check-in to pick up their race materials (FRI or SAT). All relay members must be present to receive the packet, or we will split up the relay packet for each participant.
- It is mandatory for all athletes to bring their ID to the pre-race check in. We will not give any athlete their bib number without an ID.
- You must sign waiver(s) to get race materials.
- You will also be required to show proof of USAT annual membership or purchase a one day membership (if you haven't already purchased a one day with us through registration).
- Friends and family members will NOT be allowed to pick up for an athlete. Sorry NO EXCEPTIONS. These events are USAT sanctioned and USAT doesn't allow anyone besides the participant to pick up race materials.
- Athletes who don't attend FRI OR SAT (and have not selected the VIP Option) will be required to pay a $10 late fee on race morning in order to pick up race materials.
For a fee of $30 - your race numbers, swim cap, timing chip, and t-shirt will be ready for you to pick-up on race morning. You DO NOT have to attend the expo or packet pick up. You will check-in on race morning at the VIP check-in table. Pick-up is from 5:40 am-6:40 am. You will then continue on to the transition zone to be body marked. Please plan your time accordingly. VIP athletes will have a reserved bike rack marked with their name in the transition area.
VIP entries must be received by June 19th. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Sunday, June 25, 2017 at Spanish Landing Park
5:15 am: Parking Lot Opens
5:45am: Transition Area Opens/Body Marking Starts/Late pick-up Opens
6:30 am: Competitors to Swim Staging Area for Final Race Instructions
6:35 am: INTL- PRO Wave Starts (2017 Wave Start Times)
6:40 am- 7:40 am: INTL- Age Group Wave Starts
7:40 am: Sprint- Wave Starts
8:00 am: Swim Course Closes
8:00 am: Bus Shuttles to Finish at Seaport Village Commence
9:30 am: Bike Course Closes
10:00am: Awards Presentation (approximate time)
11:00 am: Run Course Closes
11:50 am: Last Bus Shuttle from the Finish to Spanish Landing Park
12:00 pm: Transition Area Closed, All Bikes Must be Removed
Special Divisions Include:
Relay Teams- 2 or 3 person teams
for International Distance only
Aquabike (Int'l Distance only):
Wetsuits- Purchase a wetsuit from our official wetsuit sponsor, XTERRA WETSUITS! Special San Diego Triathlon Series discount! Wetsuits 60% off! Check them out HERE! Use code: R-KOZ at Checkout.
Bikes & Bike Rentals
Bike rentals are available from our bike shop sponsor Pulse Endurance Sports at two locations!
7638 Clairemont Mesa Blvd
San Diego, Ca 92111
1020 - A2 Tierra Del Rey
Chula Vista, CA 91910
The race benefits Father Joe’s Villages, San Diego’s largest homeless services provider. Each day Father Joe’s Villages serves 3,000 meals provides housing, rental assistance, healthcare, food, clothing, education, job training, mental health, addiction treatment and child development services to our neighbors in need. For more information, please visit www.neighbor.org.
Disclaimer & Refund Policy
Disclaimer: The race course and timeline can be changed at the discretion of the race organization. All distances are approximate by GPS measurements. The race can be altered, postponed or cancelled with no refunds due to weather, natural disturbances, police activity, acts of terrorism and threats of terrorism.
Refund Policy: Due to the number of race transfer requests and cancellations that occur in the weeks prior to a race we have the following policy that is in accordance with USAT Policy. Refunds will NOT be issued after a registration has taken place. Considerable effort goes into producing an event and funds are expended and applied in good faith based on a registration. If you would like to change your registration from one distance to another, you will be charged for the difference in price at the time of the change.